Consumers are the lifelines of any business. Online reviews, on the other hand, are its bloodlines. They can either make or break businesses. The sad reality of having everything done online is that it goes without saying that everything can happen at a fingertip. Since the internet reaches and captures a wide range of audiences at the quickest possible time, it pays to be vigilant about how you conduct your business. People, regardless, will never run out of things to say. And the truth is, most of the time, people can be so insensitive and leave the most callous reviews. Despite its downside, sometimes, negative reviews draw traction just as positive reviews do.
Back in the day, consumers relied on word of mouth. They get their influence from their friends, family, or celebrities who they trust. But nowadays, one click and they already know if they are going to try the said product and services or not. Almost every site on the internet has a review page where one can see what people have to say. Most often than not, that page is the most visited of all the pages because those reviews, whether verified or not, create a big impact on the consumers' decisions.
Online reviews can either build or burn bridges because admit it, when anyone says negative or positive about something, people tend to get curious. People are curious creatures. They wanted to know why and how things were. Online reviews make people think but sometimes there are those who don't do thorough research and just rely on what's on hand. They tend to care less about what they hear or read. Their loyalty weighs heavier than any review but that doesn't always happen.
How To Handle Online Reviews
As a business owner, it is imperative that you:
1. Keep a positive outlook at all times
Maintaining that certain degree of level-headedness can go a long way. Don't always expect to receive positive reviews. Life isn't always about the good things. Prepare when you receive the negative ones because that'll be your breaking point. Assess the situation and don't let emotions get the worst of you. That is inevitable. Surely you'll say, "I can handle it" but once you see it in actuality, you'll feel like being poured with the coldest water.
2. The wisest approach is to acknowledge people's insights, feedback, and suggestions
3. You have to respond to each and every comment but note that while you don't have to agree with them, don't invalidate their thoughts either. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and remember when it comes to opinions, there are no parameters to tell that they are right or wrong.
4. When handling negative reviews, one very important thing you should always keep in mind is to not lose your manners at all costs.
5. Respect begets respect so be generous with that. Appreciate their insights. But most of all, the best approach is to create action plans to address the negatives that they may convert to positives.
How to Get More Online Reviews
Encourage people to leave reviews. Reviews are like strings that can bind the consumers and the business owners. Reviews allow people to express themselves but sadly people sometimes abuse their rights. They become downright brassy and leave crass comments to the expense of other people. It's okay. That's normal. Let them. At the end of the day, what matters is how you were able to get through anything without losing your intentions for why you started your business. It may be rough but online reviews, as mentioned, are bloodlines to businesses.